New version! These connecting rod balancing fixture were a big hit with my initial design so I made some great improvement for this new version.
These connecting rod balancing fixture are used to weight and match the weight of each rod end, as well as giving you the ability to determine bob weight required. The chain design fix the inherent problem of all solid mounted fixture and make for perfect repeatability.
The “Chain Type” design is the most forgiving design to any misalignment, which is the major cause for unmatched balancing of connecting rods. Ends of the rod rides on 2 roller bearing spaced appart.
They are completely made out of CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum. Both base have rubber mount to help keeping it in place. All machining, anodizing and laser etching is done in-house.
The balancing stand ship mostly unassembled; you only need a 4mm hallen key to put it together under 5 minutes.
- The small base now have 5 different mounting height for the bearing spaced 1/2″ apart;
- The hanger is now installed on a slot held by a hand-tighten knob and allow for 4″ of quick height adjustment;
- The fixture now comes with 2 arbor to better center the connecting rod’s big end. Arbor fit both the hanger and the balance base;
- The arbor are black anodized and laser etched witht their respective diameter, 48 and 50MM;
- The arbor are conveniently stored on the main mast held by 2 aluminum hanger.
Balance and connecting rod is not included.
- 1x Connecting Rod Balancing Fixture
This is a video I was sent by my customer that had me made his custom fixture (first version shown). He was extremely pleased with the accuracy !