I am extremely pleased to announce the completion of this new product. This is opening one more possibility for a transmission swap behind any B21/B23/B230/B234 RedBlock, and it’s the first affordable 6-speed swap ever.
CDx transmission can be found on any VQ Based Nissan car and the later CD009, CD5 and CD8 is the most preferred of all as it has received a few improvement over the years. They are well known for being able to handle 1000hp without being upgraded. They are becoming extremely popular for a 6-speed swap!
The adapter is CNC Machined out of billet 6061-T6 Aluminum. It has dual bolt pattern that allow for a stock slanted engine or a vertical (straight) setup. It reuses all the stock volvo component; Flywheel, Pressure Plate, Clutch Fork and Release Bearing. It will work with either cable or hydraulic setup.
There is 3 different model of transmission with different input shaft bearing size that you can get. Refer to the picture at the bottom of the page and make sure you are ordering the right size for your box. A better way to make sure you get the right adapter is to remove the bearing cover on your transmission and measure the bearing size. Choosing the correct size is your responsability.
- An Adapter Plate
- 4x M10 Flanged Zinc-Plated bolt (BH to Adapter)
- 11x M8 SHCS (Adapter to Transmission)
- Input Shaft Seal
- Throwout Bearing Sleeve/Seal Holder
- OEM Nissan Bearing Cover Gasket
- Buna-N O’ring (Throwout bearing sleeve to adapter seal)
- 0.02 oz Thread Sealant
- Printed Instruction
The adapter kit comes with all required bolt to complete the installation. You will also get a new seal for the input shaft and a new bearing cover steel gasket. The kit comes with installation instruction that can also be downloaded here.
What you need to acquire;
- A Transmission
- An M45, M46 or M47 BellHousing
- For those with a stepped flywheel (9″ / 228mm clutch disc) you will need any flavor of KA24DE clutch disc. For those with flat flywheel and 8.5″ disc you can get a disc made with the Nissan spline (1″-24) center. Yoshifab can help you put a kit together
- A pilot Bearing – you need a 16 x 35 x 11 Bearing – Available from the drop down menu
- A transmission mount – Available from the drop down menu
What you need to know;
- Unlike the Volvo M45/46/47 the CDx transmission doesn’t have a removable bellhousing. You will need to cut the stock BH off the transmission. There is several video on youtube that shows how to do it, it is way easier than it may look. Cutting wheel and angle grinder available for purchase from the drop-down menu.
- The Input Shaft need to be trimmed 1/4″.
- The shifter will have to be relocated for both the 200 and 700/900 series as the stock Nissan shifter is mounted really far behind. I am working on both relocation kit but several option is already available.
- Tunnel Clearance have NOT been tested yet. If you need a bolt-on solution you are recommended to wait until a few user have tested out their adapter. I will not make any claim about fitment until I have heard back from a completed installation in both a 200 and a 700/900 series.
- The cut and exposed bellhousing is still a completely sealed unit and won’t let water and dirt get inside the transmission. It’s gonna be full of clutch disc dust when you cut it out.
I currently have 2 Adapter for 100MM bearing that can only be used for a Straight setup due to a tapped hole missing and they will be available for sale at a discount. All other adapter will be sold with dual pattern after I have these two gone.
If you have question about the swap and this product, please contact me!